Re: how to kill some borked elements in screen

From: Dan Mahoney, System Admin
Subject: Re: how to kill some borked elements in screen
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 23:22:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 28 May 2009, Chris Jones wrote:

My screen ctrl-a ? shows that both k and K are kill -- is this the same
for you?  If so, where's it defined?

If I do the following:

$ touch /tmp/screenrc
$ screen -c /tmp/screenrc

the outcome is that Ctrl-a ? now displays:

kill ^K k

Presumably these are the hard-coded defaults (?)

Aah, that was what I missed, then. Apparently there are two hardcoded defaults, one of which is wiped out by the shipped .screenrc, and a third of which is put in place by the shipped .screenrc. (This doesn't seem obtuse to anyone else?) I was somehow under the impression (either from the manpage or our conversations) that ONLY ^k was hardcoded.

Looks like things appear to work as advertised.

Indeed, that's mainly my own confusion.  I blame the coffee.

If you're a native speaker of English and consider the doc confusing you
may want to consider submitting a patch?

Might just.

-Dan Mahoney

--

Hate fedora with a white hot burning passion right now though ... damn thing is
Linux-XP(tm)

-Bill Nolan
2/24/04