Re: Scrollback and other commands don't work

From: Liam Hopkins
Subject: Re: Scrollback and other commands don't work
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 09:53:16 -0700

If nobody else currently has cycles to help, I'll try.
I haven't experienced the issues you mention, and I don't have access to
an FC box to help.  So I'll give you some general pointers that may
allow you to either track down the issue or at least give the list a
specific starting place.

First, try without any screenrc at all.  There are a lot of ways a
config can give you problems; the meaning of some option may have
changed, or been deprecated for example.  If the issue is resolved, add
screenrc options back one at a time until you encounter the issue again.

Second, try to obtain and install the current upstream version of screen
(building from source if necessary).  This is usually not done for
reasons of maintainability but it shouldn't be too difficult if you're
experiencing operational pain.  Compare the two versions both with and
without screenrc files.

I don't see anything obviously wrong in your screenrc but I don't use
most of those options.

--
Liam