Re: Putting 'banner' into each started screen.........

From: Mike Gerwitz
Subject: Re: Putting 'banner' into each started screen.........
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 22:12:02 -0400

On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 08:47:12AM +0100, Another Sillyname wrote:
> which does work and shows the banner but also throws up a message...
>
> Attaching from inside of screen?
>
> I call a script from inside of /etc/profile that checks to see if
> screen is started and if it isn't starts it before allowing the ssh
> connection, my guess is that this is creating a one time loop?

You can use `bash --noprofile`, but note that the profile config may also
source ~/.bashrc; you can provide --rcfile to specify what configuration
file to source; see bash(1) for more details.

Of course, if the banner is output by /etc/profile or something that
--noprofile suppresses, you may be better off just foregoing --login and
using --rcfile, or even -c.

--
Mike Gerwitz
Free Software Hacker | GNU Maintainer