Re: Start multiple screen-sessions per script

From: Axel Beckert
Subject: Re: Start multiple screen-sessions per script
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 09:21:59 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 03, 2015 at 12:27:49AM +0100, Frank Röhm wrote:
> > What I did to solve this for myself was to write a script which
> > generates a temporary .screenrc (named differently) which basically
> > contains the line "source ~/.screenrc" and then one "screen …" line
> > per command I want to run in its own screen window inside that
> > session.
>
> I tried this but get not the result.
>
> To test it I created a screenrc file “myscreenrc”:
>
> screen /path/to/myscript1.sh
> screen /path/to/myscript2.sh

Hrm, the basic concept definitely works for me.

Checking my code I noticed one difference besides options like window
title, etc.: I give the window number as first parameter. Applying
this to your example, I'd write this:

screen 0 /path/to/myscript1.sh
screen 1 /path/to/myscript2.sh

Does this work for you?

According to the man page the window number is optional, but maybe
this doesn't count in all cases? (If so the man page should be made
more precise.)

                Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | address@hidden  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.nonhtmlmail.org/campaign.html | address@hidden (Mail+Jabber)