Re: Sending commands to shell

From: -
Subject: Re: Sending commands to shell
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 14:18:04 -0400 (EDT)

Doing some poking about using the suggestions of oneperson who responded before, I used:

c-a:exec myscript

        It does exactly what I  wanted.

Thanks very much.

On Fri, 11 Sep 2015, - wrote:

I thank both people who responded. As I mentioned I'm new to screen so most of what was suggested went over my head. I will be experimennting with the responses if for no other reason then to learn more about screen.

Perhaps if I described what I want it will help.

While within lynx the browser i do a screen command "c-a h" to capture the text of the current screen to a text file. Using "^z" to suspend lynx I drop to the command line. With a shell script some text within the file is manipulated. A "fg" takes me back to lynx.

Reading the man page it appeared some screen functions might permit skipping the suspend part of the above. It would, using a screen function, send a command to the script while remaining in lynx.

I hope this is helpful, has anyone any suggestions or is it not something possible using screen?

Thanks again.

XB