Re: Sending commands to shell

From: Ken Manheimer
Subject: Re: Sending commands to shell
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 14:30:03 -0400

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 2:18 PM, - <address@hidden> wrote:

Doing some poking about using the suggestions of oneperson who responded before, I used:

c-a:exec myscript

        It does exactly what I  wanted.

Not necessarily for your situation, but in many circumstances screen's ability to manage multiple windows within a screen session is invaluable.
  • `^Ac` to open a new window, with a shell running in it. You could apply the editing script and edit the text file by hand, if it needs additional touch-up.
  • `^Ap` to go to the previous window - e.g. the window where lynx is running, if you just opened the new shell window. This leaves the new window around, to return using `^Ap` again, or
  • `^An` to go to the next window. You can have as many windows as you want, and navigate forward and backwards between them.
There are other ways to navigate, of course, this is just some basics.

Ken

Thanks very much.