Trying to build screen

From: prashant Nidgunde
Subject: Trying to build screen
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 18:05:16 -0500

Hi all,

I am Prashant and I am trying to build gnu screen.

I downloaded screen code from below  (as per website):
git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/screen.git
However, there is no configure script at this location.
configure is missing in this screen/src folder.

So, my question is this repository the right place to download the code ?
If not, does website need a change to mention that source can be downloaded
as tar files using Downloads link ?

Regards,
Prashant