Re: [screen-devel] Trying to build screen

From: Alex Naumov
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] Trying to build screen
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 22:07:19 +0100

Hi Prashant,

you can help to test our 4.5.1 beta by using git (development version):

Download sources:
> git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/screen.git
> cd screen/src
> git checkout screen-v4

Be sure you use screen-v4 branch:
> git branch

Build and install GNU screen:
> ./autogen.sh
> ./configure
> make
# make install

That would be very helpful if community spent some time for testing
next version of GNU screen and report about problems... before
official release.
We're going to release next version in few weeks, so we need testers now.

Cheers,
Alex