Why 'flow off' dose not work?

From: Howard Andersen
Subject: Why 'flow off' dose not work?
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2018 23:38:18 +0800

Hi!
I'm using ^S as my command character, so I need the ^S not to send xoff to the terminal.
Currently I'm using 'stty -ixon' in ~/.bashrc, but since I only use ^S in screen, I prefer to do this in screen way.

I checked the man page and found FLOW CONTROL which I think it is the solution.
But I tried 'flow off',  'defflow off' and 'screen -fn', none of these have any effect.
Am I getting it wrong or am I missing something?

I'm using Gnome Terminal on Fedora 27, I also tried term on CentOS 7.4 and Debian 9.4, same thing.

--

​Dot Craft