sketch-devel

Re: Sketch's current SVG import and export features

From: Bernhard Herzog
Subject: Re: Sketch's current SVG import and export features
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 19:40:05 +0200

I've added some more missing things I didn't think of earlier:

Markus Rechtien <address@hidden> writes:
> # SVG-Import features currently supported by sketch:
> # (see Plugins/Filters/svgloader.py)
[...]
>     Style Attributs (only CSS synthax works):
>         - FILL (empty, solidcolor, stroke)
>         - STROKE (none, stroke, stroke-width, color, stroke-linejoin,
> stroke-linecap)
>         - FONT (font-family, font-size, text-anchor)

CSS support only for the attributes that are mentioned in the style
attribute of an object. There's no support for the more comlex CSS
features such as selectors.

> #
> # Missing or incomplete import features:
> #
>
>     - Paths (eliptical arc)

The fill-rule is also not implemented yet.

> #
> # SVG-Export features currently supported by sketch:
> # (see Plugins/Filters/svgsaver.py)
> #
[...]
> #
> # Missing export features:
> #

 - Tiled Image patterns

 - EPS

   This will be hard because it's not supported natively by SVG. We
   could render it into a raster image though.

  Bernhard

--
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/
Sketch                                 http://sketch.sourceforge.net/