sketch-devel

Re: want to spare some time to sketch

From: Bernhard Herzog
Subject: Re: want to spare some time to sketch
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 21:51:23 +0200

Roman Joost <address@hidden> writes:

> I was tracking the sketch development more often then it was, where I
> mostly used the software. The program itself was a very usefull tool for
> me in the past. So for this a very big thanks to the Authors and every
> Contributor.

You're welcome.

> I looked at the project page on savannah, which does have tasks, bugs
> and patches.  Could you guys point me to the right direction where I
> can start?

There are some open bugs, feature requests and patches I think. Savannah
seems to have a bug right now as it doesn't show any bugs or patches to
me, though, so I can't point at specific ones.

One area that could use some work is SVG support.  The SVG import/export
filters don't even covery everything yet that Skencil currently
supports.  So that would be something you could work on, if you like.
Work on the filters is probably a good way to get familiar with the
Skencil internals.

There are lots of other things you could work on, of course.  In the end
it depends on what you would like to do.

   Bernhard

--
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/
Skencil                                http://sketch.sourceforge.net/