sketch-devel

Re: Sketch installation error - WinXP

From: Bernhard Herzog
Subject: Re: Sketch installation error - WinXP
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 21:49:10 +0100

Ardi <address@hidden> writes:

> Unfortunately there is no message box opened.
> I only opened a terminal in WinXP and wrote:
>
> cd C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Sketch [Enter]
> C:\Python23\python.exe
> :\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Sketch\sketch.py

Assuming the last two lines are actually one line and that the
apparently missing "C" was present, this looks good.  It shouldn't be
necessary to be in the Sketch directory, though, if you're providing the
script as a full pathname.

> when error:
>>        from Sketch._skgtk import SKRegionType,
>>intersect_clipmasks,\
>>   ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not
>>be found.

Not sure how you can determine what exactly went wrong.  However, FWIW,
I tried to get skencil to work on windows the other day and I finally
got it to work, after dealing with the same kind of import errors you
are running into.  In the end, I had to put all the gtk DLLs into the
same directory as python.exe and I had to rename the libart dll to just
libart_lgpl.dll.

I did use gtk 2.6, instead of 2.8, though.  Maybe that makes a
difference as well.

  Bernhard

--
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/