sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] New Keyserver: sks.karotte.org

From: Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] New Keyserver: sks.karotte.org
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 01:35:50 -0700

On 2009-08-12 at 08:16 +0200, Sebastian Wiesinger wrote:
> As for the webpage, is there at least some sort of overview of the
> possible /pks/... operations somewhere? I didn't find one.

Grab the HTML page served at http://sks.spodhuis.org/ -- it's not
pretty, I'm not a UI person, but if I recall correctly, I checked all
the available options in the code when I added it.  You'll need to
remove the stuff specific to my server, if you use that as a base for
your own page, instead of just a reference.

It's probably also worth putting in a robots.txt file.

Yes, both sides need to add each other for things to work; the
reconciliation server will immediately drop connections from IP
addresses not matching those of a known peer.

You should also start from a dump of current keys, so that you'll have
more than 2.7 million keys to start with, before you peer.  I've no idea
how many you have, but you might want to put "initial_stat:" (no quotes,
but nothing after the colon) in your sksconf if you have even vaguely
modern hardware.  The initial stats calculation is not that time
consuming, unless you're using a slow low-power processor or something
rather old.

Regards,
-Phil