sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Connection reset by peer

From: Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Connection reset by peer
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 15:19:43 +0200

On 2010-06-23 at 14:01 -0700, John Webster wrote:
> Why do I (and others) get the following error?
>
>  Initiating reconciliation
>  <recon as client> error in callback.: Sys_error("Connection reset by peer")

Your peer has not granted you access, via entry in the membership file.

If you believe that you have been granted access, then the source IP
address for the connection does not match the IP which the peering
hostname resolves to.

Eg, if you have IPs [192.0.2.4] and [192.0.2.5] and are
"sks.example.net", which resolves to [192.0.2.5] then you had better be
initiating outbound connections from that IP address.  If you connect
out and the [192.0.2.4] address is used, the server you connect to will
refuse access because the address isn't reached by the name it was
given.

You can use "recon_address" in "sksconf" to restrict both which
addresses the recon server listens on and which addresses it uses for
outbound connections.  Combine with "hkp_address", for serving up keys.
Note that any address matched by recon_address must also be matched by
hkp_address.

-Phil