sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] pool.sks-keyservers.net in seahorse

From: Jonathon Weiss
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] pool.sks-keyservers.net in seahorse
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 12:34:07 -0400

> BTW, check your SKS DB port, it looks to be set to 17311, i.e.,
> -rw-r--r-- 1 sks  sks  95304 Apr  1 23:35 diff-18.9.60.141_17311.txt

It is, though that port is firewalled.  Apache is listening on 11371 and
forwarding requests to 17311.  This was needed to deal with clients that
were either mis-behaving, or behind a bad network.  The problem appears
to be a lack of threading in SKS' web server, so if a client takes a
really long time to accept the response to its query (or has fallen off
the net or whatever), the sks db process hangs for up to a minute at a
time.  Apache is better suited to handling client problems, and lets SKS
focus on actually serving keys.

> I'm going to stay up for a few hours and se what show on your next stats run.
> I agree with you, it should be synced.
>
> Welcome back. Fingers crossed that recon stays synced.

Thanks, So far so good, in that the recon server appears not to have
crashed yet.

        Jonathon

        Jonathon Weiss <address@hidden>
        MIT/IS&T/OIS  Server Operations