sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Big amount of updated keys yesterday?

From: Sebastian Wiesinger
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Big amount of updated keys yesterday?
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 13:55:29 +0200

* Jeff Johnson <address@hidden> [2011-04-13 13:17]:
> AFAICT this was pretty close to the beginning of this thread.
>
> This message is also (afiact) the closest thing to a problem report with
>
>       almost exclusively used all the I/O to the disks
>
> Is there really a problem here?
>
> An update of 5000-1000 keys over 2-3 hours isn't wildly out of line
> with the statistics I've seen.

I don't know if it is a problem, it's just something I would like to
avoid if possible. It gets the server load up and causes I/O wait.

> Key servers come and go, and when there's a diconnection of some sort,
> then there can be a burst of activity when the disconnection repairs itself.
>
> That is the nature of gossip proptocols.
>
> Is there a real problem here? What is the problem?

Again, I don't know if it is a problem but it's unusual at least. I
don't know about you but I want to know the reason why a program is
suddenly using a high amount of resources on my server.

Regards,

Sebastian

--
New GPG Key: 0x93A0B9CE (F4F6 B1A3 866B 26E9 450A  9D82 58A2 D94A 93A0 B9CE)
Old GPG Key-ID: 0x76B79F20 (0x1B6034F476B79F20)