sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Mass drop from pool

From: Gabor Kiss
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Mass drop from pool
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 09:10:43 +0200 (CEST)

> Just noticed virtually all of us have dropped from the pool for having >500
> missing keys. Not sure what is going on but have restarted my processes in

Oh! This is the reason of 50+ servers being dropped from the pool.
See http://sks-keyservers.net/status/

Maybe the selection program just catched another burst.
A few servers got hundreds of keys before the check
meanwhile the others did some time later.

Kristian,
Could you modify the selection algorithm? E.g. if number of pool
members drops below 50% of normal level the check should be
done once an hour instead of once a day.

Gabor
--
Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer?
Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.