sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Mass drop from pool

From: David Benfell
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Mass drop from pool
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 09:02:41 -0700

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011, Matthew Palmer wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 09:10:43AM +0200, Gabor Kiss wrote:
> > > Just noticed virtually all of us have dropped from the pool for having
> > > missing keys. Not sure what is going on but have restarted my processes in
>
> Wow, I'm still in the pool.  I'm a bit surprised at that.  Still no
> appreciable load on the server, which is nice.

Yes.  That seems like a really weird part.

If we're all missing keys, then why aren't we frantically trying to
update each other?

Today seems more normal, however.  Apparently the pool status got
updated before my server ran a status, so I'm still not in, but I
think I should be.

And updating my last message, I'll be attempting a dump at 1:00 am
(Pacific, in the U.S.).  Right now the cron job is set up to run
nightly; it failed this morning because the SKS binary is in
/usr/sbin and was not, therefore, in the cron job path.  I don't
know any of the basic stuff about how feasible this is: I'm assuming
I have the disk space because I just rebuilt my database from a dump
(and have removed it) but I don't know how long it will take, how
much CPU it will require, etc.  So I'll be watching.

Finally, I do seem to be receiving properly formatted email.  I
don't know if a fully encrypted email will pass the content checks
however.

--
David Benfell <address@hidden>
http://www.parts-unknown.org/