sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] keyserver resources

From: Sebastian Urbach
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] keyserver resources
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 16:10:05 +0200

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 15:54:38 +0200
markus reichelt <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

> I have some (Debian/Slackware) VPS to spare and wonder about the
> resources needed to run SKS in the pool of keyservers. I'd build the
> database offsite and just transfer it, bandwidth is not an issue. RAM
> and CPU usage are, however.

Im running different servers and the memory usage seems to be constant
around 50 MB and normally the cpu usage is nearly flat zero. Normally
you just need around 10 GB HDD capacity.

If you dont intent to provide dumps there is probably nothing else to
worry about. There are of course sometimes a lot of requests coming
through the pool, or sometimes a bigger load of new / updated keys but
these are pretty rare experiences.

In other words, a pretty default VServer should be fine.

--

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / yours sincerely

Sebastian Urbach

One word of truth shall outweigh the whole world
Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn (1918 - 2008)
Russian novelist, dramatist, historian and
Nobel Prize winner