sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Host checking up.

From: Jeff Johnson
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Host checking up.
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 16:19:53 -0400

On May 15, 2011, at 4:10 PM, Robert Hinson wrote:

I tried going to http://94.142.240.6:11371/  No dice.
Then I tried going to http://94.142.240.6/ No dice.

This one trips me up (because I can't always remember hkp specifics)

What you want is something like this

http://keys.n3npq.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=stats

rather than just http://HOST:PORT/ in a browser. The same host I've
just given doesn't respond because I've never gotten to wiring
up the modest amount of HTML goop to configure what is usually
a cut-n-paste key submission interface.

If you forget the hlp: specifics (like I do) than look at
http://sks-keyservers.net/status/
and do the same thing.

So I wonder if it is running on a seperate port.

Likely not.

And my host isn't showing up in the sks server pool list.  It was before.

And it likely will be again.

BTW, while you are focussing on diagnosis, you might want to
think about writing a sks log analyzer that automates the simple tasks
of finding out what is what with your SKS key server.

I'm sure someone here has done that automation, but I've never seen
a SKS log analyzer anywhere worth stealing.

I'm sure that you (or someone else) would get a HUGE
Thank you!
if you attempted to automate log analysis of SKS key servers somehow.

hth

73 de Jeff