sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Host checking up.

From: Jeff Johnson
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Host checking up.
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 16:32:05 -0400

On May 15, 2011, at 4:19 PM, Jeff Johnson wrote:

> I'm sure that you (or someone else) would get a HUGE
>       Thank you!
> if you attempted to automate log analysis of SKS key servers somehow.

Just to to assist with the efforts:

Because I've got 5-10 SKS keyservers running at any given moment
(to see what is needed to sysadmin a serious attempt to use Berkeley DB
under a server, a quite different purpose than distributing pubkeys)

I've managed to fumble my way through Nagios automation sufficiently
to probe the hkp:// port and tell whether I need to bother logging in
somewhere to restart the SKS key server.

Its very not hard to do ... but I can will share my nagios setup with
anyone who is interested. Send e-mail privately simply if you
wish to see what I'm doing.

Please note that I'm just a lazy sysadmin ... I'm not betting my job
or anything else on whether some server infrastructure is functioning
(or not), so I'm sure someone could do a better job than I have
with Nagios and SKS server polling with less than an hour of thought.

'Tain't hard at all.

73 de Jeff