sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] IPv6 peering; keydumps annoyingly large

From: Kiss Gabor (Bitman)
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] IPv6 peering; keydumps annoyingly large
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 10:22:25 +0200 (CEST)

> > increasing at a rate that we cannot keep up with.  With the current
> > implementation, we could all be DoS'd if someone wrote a script to
> > generate and publish 1M new keys per week.  We need to plan for this

That is true.

> Meanwhile the traffic patterns tracking new/updated keys do not
> indicate any immediately pending doom of the existing infrastructure,

I wonder how current traffic patterns could forecast a malicious
action. :-)

I think the current sctructure is vulnerable.
But probably there is no way to protect it without extreme
costs and service level degradation.
It works till Chinese government or jolly script kiddies allow.
Then over.

Gabor