sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] sks-keyservers.net New HKPS subpool added

From: Stephan Seitz
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] sks-keyservers.net New HKPS subpool added
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 23:32:01 +0200

Am Montag, den 08.10.2012, 23:09 +0200 schrieb Kristian Fiskerstrand:

> >> I already use namebased vhosts (thank's for your explanation of TLS,
> >> phil), so I could configure two proxies which are identical despite the
> >> hostname and the certificates. That way, I would use two different
> >> keys / crts without the need for subjectAltName.
> >>

> > Again, yup
> >

> Agreed too quickly there, you'll still need to generate a new CSR from
> your private key that I can sign, where I'll add a subjectAltName, but
> in that setup only the subjectAltName will ever be used, as the primary
> host will be handled by your setup and different cert.

Ah, I see. So I'm going to send you a csr in a few minutes ;)

Just to get it right,
        dig +short A hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net
shows some pool IP's, tho the expected servername is
hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net

        dig +short srv _pgpkey-https._tcp.hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net
shows redirections to other servers, so clients doing a srv query are
expecting the redirected hostname.