sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Peering etiquette reminder

From: David Benfell
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Peering etiquette reminder
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 15:19:21 -0700

On Sun, Apr 06, 2014 at 11:37:50AM -0400, Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:
>     Having just spent about an hour sifting through my recon.log and
> trying to track down the number of unauthorized gossip attempts I was
> seeing I've stopped. I've already contacted a few that I was able to
> identify and instead just figured I'd blanket the list as it seems to be
> a wider issue.

I think there might be more to this than meets the eye. I just paid a
visit to my own peering status page at:

https://sks-keyservers.net/status/info/sks.disunitedstates.com

I see a number of "not ok's" despite the fact that I have been in
contact with these administrators and they agreed to peer with me. I
have no idea what's going on here. Only one has ever contacted me to
suggest that there was ever a problem--after I'd been aggressive about
purging servers with whom peering didn't seem to be working.

I think a larger conversation might be in order here.

--
David Benfell <address@hidden>
See https://parts-unknown.org/node/2 if you don't understand the