sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Advertising temporary disconnections?

From: Andrew Gallagher
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Advertising temporary disconnections?
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 12:05:16 +0000

On 11/01/17 11:56, Danny Horne wrote:
> Everybody opens a browser at least once a
> day (correct me if I'm wrong), so it wouldn't take a minute to browse to
> (for example)
> https://sks-keyservers.net/status/ks-status.php?server=sks.lockmail.net
> to check its status.

Actually, it is a lot to ask - particularly if the keyserver rarely
gives problems and you have more urgent things to think about. Which is
most of us, most of the time.

But since we're all computer geeks here, why not run a monitoring
script that wgets a page on your behalf and emails you if the output is
unexpected...?

Andrew.