sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Hiding revoked keys in generated webpages

From: Kristian Fiskerstrand
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Hiding revoked keys in generated webpages
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 20:25:04 +0100

On 01/25/2017 08:20 PM, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know this is most likely undoable (unless I do some ugly
> post-parsing to the HTML before sending it to the user), but I'll ask
> anyway: I just sent another message "motivated" by the Evil32
> keys. This one follows the same motivator.
>
> Users of SKS are generally not interested in revoked keys. I would
> like to have an option for hiding (or at least styling — Both could be
> achieved by CSS) revoked keys from the listing. Unfortunately, the
> listing is not generated from a template (as the index is), but
> hardwired in the source, in htmlTemplates.ml

no cryptographic verification is done by the keyserver, this opens up a
denial of service whereby a non-valid revocation certificate is uploaded
to the keyserver. Users should download the keys and verify the
self-signatures using local software.

> Now, speaking as a complete OCaml non-user, would the developers be
> interested in me patching this file to generate a more CSS-friendly
> output? Or is there any other way to achieve what I'm looking for?

I don't really like people browsing the keyservers by hand without
understanding the implications to begin with, making it more "user
friendly" seems counter intuitive in that context.

--
Kristian Fiskerstrand