spamass-milt-list

Re: spamass-milter - solaris vs redhat

From: Chuck Yerkes
Subject: Re: spamass-milter - solaris vs redhat
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 15:04:17 -0400

I've been having these problems with S.A.M. at a solaris 8
site (compiled with gcc 2.95.3).

I've been debugging a bit on and off.  We've had problems.
500 users (for now), 8000 as a goal.  But we're having these
problems.

With the watchmalloc stuff, the load on a 4x4 E450
(CPU x RAM) shoots up.

I've got some logging from Dan to try, but watchmalloc stuff
seems to be cleaning up (hiding?) the problem.  But the load
is too high.

We're likely going to TRY a linux box (over some objections
cause Solaris as very strong support available here right now
where linux might, later).

There's some string leak, I'm sure.  I'm stopping 8 bit mail
from passing through (just in case).  I just don't know/trust
the gcc++ string routines well enough.  What happens when a
body has a \0 in it? Does free() do the right thing?

Don't OVER limit sendmail - make sure there is a problem
you are sheltering from.  milter timeouts will be an indication
of problems - but look for scans that take > 2-3min in general.
THEN throttle back.

Quoting Hannu Liljemark (address@hidden):