spamass-milt-list

Re: Milter (spamassassin): to error state : spamassassin milter seems to

From: Dan Nelson
Subject: Re: Milter (spamassassin): to error state : spamassassin milter seems to randomly fail
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 01:37:08 -0500

In the last episode (Aug 22), Joost van Baal said:
> Dan Nelson wrote:
> > Ooh.  Get me line number info for frame 5.  It looks like you ran
> > gdb on a stripped binary; otherwise you would see the line numbers
> > in the backtrace.
>
> The executable is:
>
>  address@hidden:~% file /usr/sbin/spamass-milter
>  /usr/sbin/spamass-milter: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386,
>   version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped
>
> , the corefile was created from running this file.  What am I missing?

Did you compile the program with the -g flag?  If not, only the
function names get put into the final executable's symbol table.  With
-g, line number and variable name information is stored, you would see
something line this for each frame (taken from a corefile I had lying
around):

#28 0x0807263d in tcc_add_file (s=0x80a5000, filename=0xbfbff39e "tcctest.c")
at tcc.c:9391

--
        Dan Nelson
        address@hidden