spamass-milt-list

Re: Maybe OT - Relaying question

From: patrick main
Subject: Re: Maybe OT - Relaying question
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 11:57:55 -0500

all you need is to use the mailertable usually in
/etc/mail/mailertable
example entry is ...   my-domain.com   smtp:[mail.my-domain.com]

first entry is the domain to relay and the second is the host
to relay to, NOTE: the brackets around the destination host
means to ignore MX )mail handling) records for the destination
host. i've always used smtp: and never tried the esmtp:

  i also setup an entry in the relay-domains also in
/etc/mail this is simple just list the domains you will
relay for. this used to be the sendmail.cw file

   i suspect people who reported problems with the mailertable
did not place brackets around the destination host and i have
never tried not having the domain listed in the relay-domains
table which was the old sendmail.cw list. If you don't place
the destination host in brackets in the mailertable then the
server will look up and use any MX records it finds. no MX records
and only IP address entries for the destination host will mean
no brackets would be needed. Of course no brackets may be desired
where the spam server processes email then forwards to a domain
that has multiple mail servers.
 -Patrick-