spamass-milt-list

Re: Bypass spamass for Authenticated Users

From: Herbert Straub
Subject: Re: Bypass spamass for Authenticated Users
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 16:04:57 +0200

Gerhard Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've installed spamass-milter on our Mailserver. As out customers are
> on many differen ISPs the use SMTP-AUTH to send there Mails over our
> Mailserver. At the moment all Mails from outside our local network are
> pased to spamassassin and checked. Mostly this is not a problem. But
> sometimes mails marked falsely as SPAM. Our customers are not very
> happy about this.
>
> Is there a way to bypass the milter when a Mail comes from an
> authenticated user (smtp-auth)

You should look at patch # 5241
(http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?5241)and the Debian version of
spamass-milter also have such a patch. Another interesting variant would
be a mix of Patch # 5241 and #5342, which can deal with internal server
(and maybe authenticated connections). The idea: all outgoing mails
should be checked, but with other reject limits and another reject
message. Also no modifications will be done with the  mail.

Regards
Herbert Straub