straw-devel

[Straw-devel] filtering out font tags

From: Juri Pakaste
Subject: [Straw-devel] filtering out font tags
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:58:52 +0300

Back in the old days, Straw used to filter out font tags because I
dislike them intensely (they usually just render the text unreadable on
my screen.)

However, not so anymore, with us using only feedparser. I'd like to have
that back, at least until we have easy to use controls for font size. It
seems it's easy enough to customize which HTML tags feedparser allows to
come through. However, changing it requires us to either to change its
source or to customize the list of allowed tags after the import. That
feels kind of dirty too. I'm not the one who has been dealing with
feedparser integration, so I don't want to make the call on how to do
it. But please make it happen :-)

--
[ Juri Pakaste / address@hidden / http://www.iki.fi/juri/ ]