straw-devel

[Straw-devel] threaded name lookups disabled by default

From: Juri Pakaste
Subject: [Straw-devel] threaded name lookups disabled by default
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 17:28:54 +0300

Skadz reported that he's still suffering from lockups in straw--
mainline--0.25, so I made ADNS once again the default. You get the
threaded lookups with the environment variable STRAW_THREAD_DNS.

I still would appreciate if people tested this, and reported what
versions of Python and pygtk on what platform they are running, and if
they are suffering from the lockups. It would be good to get rid of
ADNS, but if threads cause this much trouble, I suppose we don't have an
alternative.

For what it's worth, the threaded version works without apparent
problems here on Python 2.3.4, pygtk 2.3.92, libc6 2.3.2 and Linux
2.6.5.

--
[ Juri Pakaste | address@hidden | http://www.iki.fi/juri/ ]