straw-devel

[Straw-devel] db conversion in address@hidden/straw--mainline--0.26--pat

From: Juri Pakaste
Subject: [Straw-devel] db conversion in address@hidden/straw--mainline--0.26--patch-22
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:48:57 +0300

For anyone following 0.26: please take a backup of ~/.straw before
running a version that includes address@hidden/straw--mainline--
0.26--patch-22 . It contains a db conversion from version 2 to 3, it
works for me (and has worked multiple times) but as we all know, that's
no guarantee.

Oh, and: if you are following 0.26 you really *should* take in the above
patch. It fixes a problem where all the images in all the feeds where
fetched every time they were polled (assuming the feed was changed, if
Straw received a status code of 304, this didn't happen.) I would
imagine that might make some web site owners a bit annoyed.

BTW, I will be mostly off-line for the next week, week and a half or so,
so expect no quick replies (as if I was usually so good with them.)

--
[ Juri Pakaste | address@hidden | http://www.iki.fi/juri/ ]