trans-coord-news

Re: [Trans-coord-news] polish gnusflashes.include file

From: Wojciech Kotwica
Subject: Re: [Trans-coord-news] polish gnusflashes.include file
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 00:11:29 +0200

Nic Ferrier wrote:
Wojciech Kotwica <address@hidden> writes:
I've just set up my umask to '000' and checked out '-l www'
into a new, empty local directory. And... all gnuflashes.*
files to have 'r--r--r--' attribute (except the one for English,
'gnuflashes.include', which has rw-rw-rw-). But the file
'gnuflashes.polish.include' *is* up-todate, generated today.
I cannot understand this.

Did you use command line CVS to check them out? or some tool
> sitting on top of CVS?

Yes, it's command line, plain cvs, ver.1.12.9-13 from Debian.
I don't even have any interfaces/tools to it installed.

Some CVS tools turn on the "check out everything read only"
> switch of CVS. This is very bad IMHO but might be what
> is happening here.

Certainly it's not the case, because it was a check-out
into newly created, empty directory and after the checkout:
a) almost all files in www/ have 'r--r--r--'
b) BUT: www/gnuflashes.include has 'rw-rw-rw-'
c) AND almost all files in subdirectories (checked out
   via separate commands) have also 'rw-rw-rw-'
Umask was '000' all that time (and still is).

--
WK