[Traverso-devel] CDRDAO export

From: Nicola Döbelin
Subject: [Traverso-devel] CDRDAO export
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 22:38:41 +0200

Hi Traversians,

I just committed some changes to the cdrdao export. It should now behave
correctly in all situations, but the implementation was a bit more confusing
than I first thought, due to the fact that we have two 'competing' ways of
laying out a CD:

 - 1 song = 1 track
 - with trackmarkers, in that case 1 song = 1 CD

The problem is that nothing prevents the user from mixing the two concepts ad
lib. I did my best to cover every 'stupidity', and amazingly enough, it seems
to work well so far. Please let me know if you think the 'idiot-proofness'
was solved satisfactorily, or if you have a better solution. What it does is
the following: If there is an end marker (or several of them), it exports up
to the first one of them. If there is no end marker, it exports up to the
last frame containing audio data. It also tries to handle the case when there
is only 1 track marker, which doesn't make sense. All that logic takes place
in Song::get_cdrdao_tracklist.

Thanks + kind regards
Nicola