Re: [Traverso-devel] jack transport control

From: Nicola Döbelin
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] jack transport control
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 11:49:49 +0200

Hi Remon,

> It's soooo silent in here....

I can forward my spam mails to the list if you want some background noise :-P

> Let's do somehing about it, ehm, say we want jack transport control, which
> starts to kinda work, and then I'd like to record something that some
> other
> application generated.....
>
> I hit the record button, and oops... the transport starts rolling
> allready.....
> That's how currently the record button behaves, it starts recording
> instantly.
>
> Anyone with a suggestion how to properly handle this situation ?

I'm a bit confused, is that the behaviour we agreed on? Can't remember. Maybe a
button switching Traverso from "Master mode" (usual behaviour) to "Client mode"
(which accepts start/stop commands from other jack clients, and changes the
behaviour of the rec button) would be helpful.

Greetings
Nic