Re: [Traverso-devel] To get involved with the Traverso development

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] To get involved with the Traverso development
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 17:10:09 +0100

Hello Svetlin,

> I just found in the manual this email link and I think I could help with
> the future testing and development. I will be really glad to do so:-)

That's great! User feedback, specially from those who are used to other audio
programs is very valuable!
If there is anything you'd like to work on, please ask!
We're currently working on stabilizing cvs for the next release, so if you'd
like to test cvs, and report bugs, new features that need polishing etc, that
would be very nice.

> I am
> a working musician, sound engineer, and hobby programmer. At this time I am
> involved with the translation (although my English is far from perfect) of
> IsoBuster (http://isobuster.com), Wincontig
> (http://wincontig.mdtzone.it/en/), and Kx audio driver
> (http://kxproject.com).

In case you want to translate Traverso to your native language, I'll gladly
help with getting you started.

> I work in a small project studio, using different
> brands of hardware and software - desktop and laptop computers, Windows
> Vista, Windows XP, MAC OS X 10.5.6 Intel , Cubase, Wavelab, Protools,
> M-audio, RME, Digidesign, Yamaha and more . My skills in C++ are to basic
> to be creative, but enough to get oriented in the code - i.e. to change
> something for testing purposes.

OK, Traverso doesn't require deep knowledge of C++, most of the code is rather
straightforward, if you need information, there is some code documentation
online: http://traverso-daw.org/developerdocumentation/index.html
When at home, you can reach me in irc channel #traverso

> And, of course, I am excited with the
> Traverso it self:-)

:D

> Well, that is.
> Greetings and good luck!

Thanks for your interest, you can always ask on this mailinglist for
information, and welcome to the world of Traverso ;-)