www-ml-gnu-malayalam-project-public

[Www-ml-gnu-malayalam-project-public] Re: [smc-discuss] Re: Draft Copy o

From: Anivar Aravind
Subject: [Www-ml-gnu-malayalam-project-public] Re: [smc-discuss] Re: Draft Copy of the translation of the www.gnu.org for peer review.
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 15:47:19 +0530

Vivek Varghese Cherian wrote:

Hi Anivar,

Thanks for taking some time from your busy schedule to evaluate my translations of the www.gnu.org <http://www.gnu.org> home page to Malayalam. I would request you to subscribe to the GNU Malayalam Project mailing list by going to the following URL http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/www-ml-gnu-malayalam-project-public. This is a list set up after discussing with Yavor Doganov to discuss the www.gnu.org <http://www.gnu.org> translations to Malayalam.

I also noticed that your earlier post to the GNU Malayalam list titled '[smc-discuss] Re: Draft Copy of the translation of the www.gnu.org <http://www.gnu.org> for peer review' where you had offered you valuable feedbacks to my translations of thw www.gnu.org <http://www.gnu.org> home page has not reached the address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden> list as non members are not allowed to post to the list.

So It only means You are crossposted the mail to smc-discuss & i replied
to smc-discuss. I hope i dont need to teach netiquettes  to a GNU.org
Webadmin . So please stop crossposting.

You may have a need of ccing address@hidden and Yavor Doganov
in every mail  for keeping the position. But I feel it is not needed if
you are mailing this in a positive sense.

I can volunteer for www-ml project ( But i cant accept you as a project
admin, beacuse i lost the trust in you) as a reviewer (as in the old
days)  and do some translations too. But i need to get a txt or html
file for review.

I like to see the translations i did 3 years back & left with you  on
project repository as early as possible.

So i am sending my suggestions on your translations. But please finish
the text file and send for review

So My suggestions on your translations  are as follows
1. Your Crafting of sentences is not n Malayalam gramatic style .
2. some Translations is not accurate and those are general sntences with
the idea

Your 1st sentence must be
ഗ്നു സിസ്റ്റം എന്ന പേരില്‍ യുണിക്സിനെപ്പോലുള്ള പൂര്‍ണ്ണമായ ഒരു ഓപ്പറേറ്റിങ്ങ് സിസ്റ്റം സ്വതന്ത്രമായി നിര്‍മ്മിക്കാനായി 1984 ല്‍ തുടങ്ങിയ സംരംഭമാണ് ഗ്നു സംരംഭം.

3. use common words than jargons  സമാപ്തമായിട്ടില്ല = തീര്‍ന്നിട്ടില്ല

4. 'GNU is used with the kernel Linux' Doesnot mean 'Linux is the Kernel used by GNU' Please translate it properly 5. 'Sometimes this combination is incorrectly called Linux' Does not mean Sometimes people incorrectly call it as Linux. The important word combination is missing here. 6. വകഭേദങ്ങള്‍ ശരി , വകകഭേതങ്ങള്‍ തെറ്റ് spell properly സ്വതന്ത്രം എന്നതും സ്വാതന്ത്ര്യം എന്നതും പകരത്തിനുപകരം ഉപയോഗിക്കരുത്

7. Translation for Distribution = വിതരണം
8. 'GNU/Linux Distribution '  cant be translated as 'GNU/Linux Software'

I am leaving from office now. Send more suggestions soon. I only Completed first 3 paragraphs of your translation
It is easy 4 me if you are sending a text file

Anivar

Anivar