Re: [Xlog-discussion] first 0.6 beta release

From: Stephane Fillod
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] first 0.6 beta release
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 18:44:37 +0100

On Sun, Feb 03, 2002, Joop Stakenborg wrote:
> > An idea: would it be possible also to have the Mode and Tx RST filled in
> > by Hamlib when the associated button is clicked?
>
> I have been thinking about modes, but what about soundcard based software
> (MT63, rtty with linpsk, gmfsk and twpsk). I have my rig tuned to SSB mode,
> but I am not actually working in SSB.

Not a problem, this is up to the operator. Fortunately, the computer is
not to replace him or she anytime soon. hi!.
I agree with you, xlog won't be able to guess when you're operating a
soundcard based mode, and it's acceptable. However, when you know you are
operating USB phone, then clicking on the "Mode" button may help.
The same goes for other modes, it's only when the operator decides it.

> > For people having a "Power" field (required in France), the RFPOWER
> > retrieval would be nice too.
>
> That's a nice idea. We could calculate the avarage power during the QSO
> and log that. I will leave it for later, when we have the flexible file
> format, so we can add a power column. Will put it in the todo list.

No need for average. The same applies to RFPOWER and signal strenght.
It's done when the operator decides it. However, calculating averages
can make interresting statistical data.

Talking about flexible file format, I'm almost done. I have a patched
beta version that's able to load 0.4 and 0.5 old file format, and saving
to 0.5 format. It is also able to open multiple logs at the same time.
flexible format is on its way. Coming up next are twlog and ADIF format,
and why not Cabrillo.

> > I've started, somewhat works, but I'm wondering if using libtool would be
> > better (using .la). A patch should follow soon.
>
> Too bad I can't help out. I am not familiar with libtool.

There's nothing much to know about libtool in our case. Just to add a
macro or two in configure.in, and the we would be able to use LIBADD
in Makefile.am and specify the .la file instead of messing with LIBS.
Perhaps, let's stick to the LIBS since it works fine so far.

Cheers,
 Stephane F8CFE