Re: [Xlog-discussion] Log editor and VHF logging (xlog-0.7beta4)

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Log editor and VHF logging (xlog-0.7beta4)
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 21:48:04 +0200

On Sunday 28 April 2002 19:05, Jaime Robles wrote:
> El Sunday 28 April 2002 18:36, Joop Stakenborg escribió:
> > * Spanish translations by Jaime, EA4BV.
>
> EA4TV ;-)

Sri abt tt.

> > Things to do for the next beta:
>
> I think about another "todo"...
> When you enter a call... it would be nice if you could see if you have
> worked that qrz before...

Okay, nice idea. But I will leave it for the next version (0.8). I have to
think what is the best way to program it. Maybe a separate dialog would be a
good solution. For now, you can use the 'Find' function.

> In the box where you see the dx entity... It would be good if you could see
> the other dates when you contacted the actual station.

You can also use 'find' here. I am not sure if searching the log while you
enter data is such a good idea. It will eat up your processor (especially if
you are using a big log) and entering the data will become slow (not everyone
is using a 2 GHz Pentium IV). Maybe I can find a good solution for this...
(Or maybe not).

> Another improvement would be to select the language you want to use... how
> can i setup Spanish in xlog? X'DDD

On debian:

Install localeconf. Type 'dpkg-reconfigure locales' and select your
 languages. Then put the following line in your .xsession (or in
 /etc/environment):

        export LANG=es_ES

Next, if you start xlog it should be in spanish.

Joop, PA4TU