[Xlog-discussion] Trying out Xlog 0.9RC2

From: Nate Bargmann
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] Trying out Xlog 0.9RC2
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 11:03:36 -0600

Hi All.

I just started playing with Xlog this morning (yeah, I'm slowly coming
around to computer logging) begining with 0.8 and now 0.9rc2 (the
GTK+2.0 really looks sharp!).

Overall I am pleased and I think this will work well for my day-to-day
logging.  Mostly I want to keep track of QSLs sent received, etc.  I do
have a fair amount of log data on paper and it isn't always in precise
chronological order.  I don't see a way to sort the log data by date
then time on, for example, in Xlog itself.  So, I think a quick 'n dirty
Perl script would be just the thing to do the work.  Looking at the log
file I see that the columns are delimited by multiple space characters.
Has using tabs to delimit the fields been considered (it would make
splitting the line quite easy)?

Second, I seem to have found a bug in the printing output.  When I
printed my short log, one column heading was shifted to the right and
the far right column heading ended up in the NR column on the next line.
Joop, if you'd like I can send you my log file and the resulting .ps
file as they are both rather small (23 QSOs at this point).

I look forward to working with this software as well.

73, de Nate >>

 Internet | address@hidden               | free since January 1998.
 Location | Bremen, Kansas USA EM19ov           |  "Debian, the choice of
  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  |     a GNU generation!"
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |   http://www.debian.org