Re: [Xlog-discussion] xlog 0.9.1 misc bug(let)s

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] xlog 0.9.1 misc bug(let)s
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 19:33:43 +0100

Andrea Borgia wrote:
Hello.

I'm using xlog 0.9.1 from Debian/testing and I have the following comments:

1) according to the changelog, xlog should not crash anymore when trying to read data from hamlib but it still does when hitting Ctrl-K. For those not following hamlib's list, I should point out that hamlib right now does not work on my system for mysterious reasons, neither as direct serial connection from xlog nor from rpc.rigd, so that perhaps might be the cause.

I need some more details, as it works fine here, both om my laptop and on a PC. Can you send me your ~/.xlog/preferences file? Maybe it will give me some more in-sight in your setup.

Also, I would recommend to try and get hamlib working first....

2) I tried printing a huge logfile (497 records) and the PS output stops at 390, with quite a few complaints logged by LaTeX. I think it barfs on some of the characters I have used in comments and such, but I am not sure. I can provide both the logfile and LaTeX output, upon request.

Please, send me the file in a private mail and I will try to fix your bugs.

3) not really a bug, but the new logo as a background image in the "about" box makes the text quite hard to read. Perhaps making it smaller and placing it on the left-hand side would help.

Okay, that's an easy one :-)

Ok, that's about it for now. Any thoughts?

B73,
Andrea.

Joop, PG4I