Re: [Xlog-discussion] xlog does not open log

From: Burkhard John
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] xlog does not open log
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 22:03:22 +0200

Joop Stakenborg wrote:
Op wo 22-09-2004, om 21:11 schreef Burkhard John:

Hi Joop,

I have traced xlog as you suggested. The gzipped file trace.txt is appended.
I hope you will find the reason in this file.

thanks and best 73 de Burkhard, DK5JG

I believe there is a file called /home/burkhard/.xlog/log present. You
should move it somewhere else. Then it should work.

This is a leftover from an older xlog version (before 0.4 I believe),
which used some other log format. After version 0.4 the logformat
changed and logs were named *.xlog, but old logs were still read to not
break compatibility. I think I have to remove the old code. I am sorry
about this.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Joop

Hi Joop,

you are right! Xlog has a long history on my system.

I tried to load an adif-log but it did not load it. This seems to be
cleared with Ron. I do not need this feature in the moment so I can wait
for the next release.

Many thanks for your helpful hints.

73, Burkhard, DK5JG