Re: [Xlog-discussion] anyone having trouble compiling 1.9?

From: Matt Dawson
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] anyone having trouble compiling 1.9?
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 02:53:16 +0000

On Saturday 10 January 2009 16:35:10 Joop Stakenborg wrote:
> Op zaterdag 10-01-2009 om 15:03 uur [tijdzone +0000], schreef Matt
> Dawson:
> > Hi Joop,
> >     It configures and builds fine on BSD, but I am having problems
> > configuring the build in such a way that it builds with NLS. What I have
> > in the Makefile is:
> >
> > .if defined (WITHOUT_NLS)
> > CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --disable-nls
> > WITHNLS=        "@comment "
> > .else
> > CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --with-included-gettext
> > WITHNLS=        ""
> > .endif
> >
> > and yet I'm getting nothing at all in $PREFIX/share/locale relating to
> > xlog. The WITHNLS= lines relate to pkg-plist handling and don't affect
> > the build. The port builds and packages fine, however:
> >
> > https://tinderbox.chronos.org.uk/tb/logs/7-amd64-Exp/xlog-1.9.log
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> Hi Matt,
>
> never looked at the NLS stuff, but I will take a look later this week
> and will send you a solution, hopefully...

Thanks, Joop, that's much appreciated. Just for my own peace of mind, does
anyone else have this issue, or is it FreeBSD specific? It's odd, because I'm
not missing gettext:

[...]
pkg_add hamlib-1.2.8_1.tbz
pkg_add gettext-0.17_1.tbz
pkg_add glib-2.16.5_1.tbz
[...]

and configure is being called with --with-included-gettext (which it really
doesn't need; NLS is the default and you have to specifically disable it,
according to the readme) but I'm still getting:

checking for GNU gettext in libintl... no
checking whether to use NLS... no
disabled updating of the mime database

Most peculiar. It's definitely there:

pkg_info -W /usr/local/lib/libintl.so.8
/usr/local/lib/libintl.so.8 was installed by package gettext-0.17_1

Anyway, I shall hold off updating the port until we've decided one way or
another if there's an error.

Best regards,
--
Matt Dawson