Re: [Xlog-discussion] Azimuth Error

From: Stephane Fillod
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Azimuth Error
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 10:04:03 +0200

Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 11:31:42PM -0600, address@hidden skribis:
> Please excuse me if this has already been covered, but I could not find it
> in the archive.
>
> With versions 2.0, and 2.0.1 of xlog, I find that it is giving me errant
> azimuth values for given locations.  When I entered my longitude and
> latitude it produced my grid square properly, so I figured there was not
> an error in my entry.  I live in the western United States, and for
> example, if I enter JA1ABC I am given a destination of Japan, with a short
> path of 93 degrees and a long path of 267 degrees.
>
> Does anyone have any thoughts.
>
> I downloaded source and built the application.  My platform is Ubuntu 9.04
> on an amd64 system.

This is a Hamlib bug[1], fixed already in version 1.2.9, but Ubuntu 9.04
still has version 1.2.8. In the meantime, you may download the deb
package libhamlib2_1.2.9-1_i386.deb from Debian and install it on
Ubuntu.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hamlib/+bug/370255

Thanks for the report

73