Re: [Xlog-discussion] Testme: version 2.0.6beta

From: Andy Stewart
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Testme: version 2.0.6beta
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2012 23:13:18 -0500

On 12/09/2012 11:21 AM, Andy Stewart wrote:
On 12/06/2012 10:00 AM, Stephen Gilbert wrote:
As Andy says, it is easy just to remove the unwanted bands in the
Preferences, but somebody on the planet may be glad of the new bands in
xlog.  It took me 10 seconds to remove everything below 1.8Mhz and above
144Mhz.

I have been testing the IMPORT/EXPORT and have come up a with a problem.
I successfully IMPORTED a 17000 QSO .adi file which I had exported from
CQRLOG...which all went  into xlog correctly - although the earliest QSO
was displayed at the top and the newest QSO at the bottom of the list -
I prefer the newest QSO at the top of the screen. I then EXPORTED the
new xlog log to a new .adi file....after  deleting the old log, and
re-imported the new .adi file made with xlog 2.06. However, only part of
the log was imported....strange.

Is the EXPORT working properly????

Stephen G3OAG

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for sending that rather large ADIF file.  I have duplicated
the problem.  With your file, the new ADIF v2 EXPORT malfunctions.  The
resulting exported file only has about 3500 QSOs instead of 17,196 QSOs.
  I have not yet found the root cause.

I tried this same experiment with xlog 2.0.5 and I discovered no
problems, so something seems to be amiss with 2.0.6beta.

Thanks, and 73,

Andy

HI Stephen,

I found the problem, but have not yet fixed it.

In your log, some QSOs are specified with mode MFSK.

According to the ADIF specification, version 2.2.7, that is not a legal mode specifier. Close to it, and legal, are MFSK8 and MFSK16.

Reference:
http://www.adif.org/adif227.htm

CQRLOG indicated that the ADIF version was 2.2.1, and the same was true in that version of the specification. I claim that is may be a bug in CQRLOG, or perhaps an omission in the ADIF specification.

However, xlog should have acted in a different way. It should have flagged an error when the file was imported in the first place, and it didn't. I plan to address that deficiency.

Andy

--
Andy Stewart (KB1OIQ)
Founder:   Worcester Linux Users' Group