[Xlog-discussion] xlog 2.0.6 beta1 is out...

From: Andy Stewart
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] xlog 2.0.6 beta1 is out...
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 14:09:22 -0500

HI Everybody,

I've just put xlog 2.0.6 beta1 onto the server.

Please allow 24 hours for propagation to the mirrors.

Distribution maintainers:  please don't incorporate this version.

In addition to the ADIF v2 and Cabrillo v3 updates of the original beta release, the following have been addressed:

a) MFSK mode ambiguity during ADIF import/export - the ADIF 2.2.7 specification says "MFSK8" and "MFSK16" are legal modes, not "MFSK", as is output by at least one commonly used logger. xlog is now more forgiving of this case on import and exports legal ADIF without silently failing as was the case in the original 2.0.6 beta.

b) Cosmetic repairs to the scoring window - Some field were not completely displayed (long country names and long callsigns, on the left of the scoring window). This drove me nuts and I think it is fixed.

Please try this: bring up the scoring window and click a QSO with a "W0" callsign - notice the long country name on the left of the scoring window? Is it all there? It should read "United States CO, IA, KS, MN, MO, ND, NE, SD" (on 2 lines).

c) use of "X" instead of "0" in the scoring window to indicate "yes, you got it" (similar to the use of "X" in the QSL in/out). I decided against the use of the check box since I don't understand the unicode issues (if any) that might result from its use.

Please give it a try and let us know your results - good, bad, otherwise. :-)

Have a lot of fun, and 73,

Andy

--
Andy Stewart (KB1OIQ)