[Xlog-discussion] New Xlog documentation in progress

From: Chris Story
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] New Xlog documentation in progress
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 12:48:09 -0600

Hey all,

I am re-doing the documentation for Xlog in Doxygen while adding new
information..   I tend to include information about WHY something is, so that
the manual becomes a method for people to become experts on software, no a task
list to enable features.  Also i like to add in appendix that contain
information that would be useful to the user during operation.

http://www.radionerds.com/xlog/index.html

THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS

I need some help with some of the features, im not quite sure what they are
for.

I have examined the source code for some, but id like to understand more about
WHY its there..

1) Keyer Window
        F1-F12 - obvious

        CQTU??  S&PTU??  what is it for?? how is this sent?

        What is the "count" for?

        the checkbox for "9=n, 0=t"

2) Xlog - Dialog and windows, export TAB

        Sort by DXCC - What sort is this? country callsign order?

        Group by callsign, whats the Value entry "1" for?

3) Preferences, Info Tab

        Initial exchange to use for "~"  . . . .  anyone have examples of this?
 Ideas about what its for?

4) Prosigns and abbreviations

        any wrong, miss any?

any other comments are welcome..