Re: [Xlog-discussion] Cwdaemon

From: Ed
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Cwdaemon
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 18:43:55 -0400

On 09/23/2013 06:31 PM, John wrote:

Here's my /etc/default/cwdaemon. I just "restarted" the computer and ps
showed no cwdaemon. Again I had to start it manually.

There are no quotation marks around the "start...yes" but there are for
the other options. This sounds like a basic Linux question, but does
that identify them as text or comments, or for other reasons keep them
from running?

My /etc/default is the same as yours and the cwdaemon is started at boot. What distro are you using ?

To comment out something in a file like this, you use # or ;

Have you tried to test cwdaemon use netcat ?

Ed W3NR