ac-archive-maintainers

wiki / comments / Re: Masterplan

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: wiki / comments / Re: Masterplan
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 15:52:47 +0100

> # Maybe through a Wiki?

I have bad experiences with a `wiki`. But there are
very good experiences with the ability to add `comments`
to an existing documentation area. It does often make
a seperate faq page to be not needed. From time to
time one can integrate `comments` into the main doc
page or create a new (entertaining) topic - and often
one can cut-n-paste a bit ;-)

I do not know however how that an be intregrate into
the gnu site - I know that sourceforge allows proper
php and such. And it is also some development work
to incorporate such in the first place - a offsite
wiki is much simpler, and I guess it has been chosen
just for that. But I'd say it does not work to a
satisfactory degree.

cheers, guidod